Dr Eberhard ‘’Ebe’’ MANDISHONA – MBChB, FRACGP [Fellow of the Australian College of General Practice] and PGCME
Dr Mandishona trained and worked in Zimbabwe, before moving to England (UK) where he worked in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and then as a GP in the East Midlands from 2005. Ebe has been working as a GP in Geraldton since April 2014.
Dr Mandishona has special interests in reproductive health, fertility medicine, sexual health, men and women’s health, contraception, chronic disease management, substance misuse treatment, mental health, minor surgery [small skin excision and removal of lesions] and medical education. He is a former GP tutor at the Graduate Entry Medical School of the University of Nottingham in Derby UK.
Dr Yollanda CHIKARI – MBChB, DRANZCOG [Australian Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology], FRACGP [Fellow of the Australian College of General Practice] and MRCGP
Dr Chikari trained and worked in Zimbabwe, before moving to England to continue her training in Psychiatry and later on in General Practice. Yollanda moved to Geraldton in 2014 to join her husband and enjoys working in Mental health and general practice.
Dr Chikari’s special interests are sexual health, reproductive health, women’s health, contraception, chronic disease management and mental health. She was credentialed to work in Psychiatry [Mental Health] as a Visiting Medical Officer at the Geraldton Regional Hospital from 2014 to 2018.
Referrals & Engaging with other services
- The team of experienced healthcare practitioners and staff at Veritas Health Care Medical Centre are committed to providing high standard and comprehensive medical care to the community. The Doctors regularly engage with local health services and specialists to optimise your care.
- This information has been designed to provide patients with relevant and up-to-date information about this practice. For more information, please see the Receptionist or Practice Manager, or read our Practice Information Sheet.
- Our clinic offers both walk-in and by appointment consultations. Patients are encouraged to book an appointment, as walk-ins may be experiencing long wait times.
- Doctors in our centre are available for house calls and external visits to regular patients under certain circumstances. Please see the receptionist or call the Centre to request a home visit.
Telephone Calls/ Electronic Communication
- Doctors are unable to take calls during consultations. Messages can be left for the doctor with reception and sent to the Doctor electronically for their response or sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
- Doctors generally only call patients when it relates to an urgent matter.
Transfer of medical record
- In the event of your relocation to another practice to obtain medical services a fee may be charged to transfer your medical record.
- This record may be requested by your new medical practice and will only be transferred with your authorisation.
Patients who require communication services/Interpreter
- Telephone interpreter service and other communication support systems such as AUSLAN are available for patients or doctors. Should you need the services of an interpreter please inform reception as early as possible in order for them to arrange this. We will need 48 hrs to arrange this service. You are most welcome to use a family member for this for ease of comfort.
Late Cancellation/Non-Attendance Fee Policy
- We welcome your notifications wherever possible if you find that you are running late for an appointment, as we do understand that circumstances may arise unexpectedly.
- Last minute cancellations are often difficult to fill, so we respectfully ask that you please inform us of any cancellation at least 24hrs beforehand. In cases of last-minute cancellations or missed appointments we reserve the right to charge you a non-attendance penalty fee of $40.
- Please remember that by not giving sufficient notice you are preventing another patient from having this service.
- IMPORTANT: Repeated missed appointments (non-cancelled) may result in your doctor sending a letter discharging you from the practice. We will offer 30 days of emergent care only and transfer your medical records when you find a new doctor.
We strongly believe that the relationship between a patient and his or her health provider is based on a two-way understanding, acknowledging that we both have a responsibility to each other.
The following charter outlines that which we undertake to do and gratefully request your participation.
- Any patients who continually swear at, or abuse the clerical staff or other patients, will be politely but firmly invited to find another Surgery to attend.
- Patients who are perceived to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will NOT be consulted.
- No responsibility is taken for injuries to children if they are not suitably supervised whilst on the premises. We kindly ask parents to supervise their children at all times.
Please observe the following important information when making an appointment:
- If you think you need a longer appointment (e.g. counselling, complicated or multiple problems, or both Workers’ Compensation and “Medicare” problem) please advice staff of this when booking so this can be catered for.
- Try to decide if your attendance is urgent, semi-urgent, or routine. This will allow us to keep appointments open for more urgent cases and to Triage your appointment more efficiently. If you are unsure please do not hesitate to ask for the nurse.
- Make sure you inform the reception staff if your appointment is for a Pap Smear or for Chronic Disease Management such as diabetes, pulmonary / heart problems and asthma.
No Smoking or Dogs Policy
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises. This is in keeping with our health policy and is for the comfort of all others. We would appreciate your commitment to this measure, and ask smokers not to discard cigarette butts in the grounds of the practice at all.
- Dogs are not permitted unless they are assistance dogs.
- Veritas Health Care Medical Centre use sterile disposable instruments.
Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident Billing
- Workers compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident will incur a fee. The patient will be liable for payment of consultation until the claim has been accepted and a claim number received.