Veritas Health Care Medical Centre
***NOTE: We are closed from 11am Thursday 5th August 2021 and will reopen on Monday 9th August 2021 at 8.30am. For any medical emergencies, please call Triple Zero (000) or proceed to the Emergency Department at the Regional Hospital.***
Veritas Health Care is a GP Surgery in Rangeway, offering primary health care services from our premises located at Rangeway Shopping Centre in Geraldton (corner of Utakarra Road and Rifle Range Road). View on Maps
Veritas Health Care Medical Centre is committed to providing long-term quality healthcare across all age groups. Our approach to your care is centred on your health needs and based on maintaining good standards of care as enshrined by the RACGP guidelines, to ensure best outcomes in your health and optimising your well-being through patient participation and partnership.
We aim to build long-term relationships with our patients and to provide diligent service and care. Each patient’s needs and desired health outcomes is our primary focus in partnership with our patients.
Veritas Health Care Medical Centre provide the following services:
- General family medicine/primary health care
- Reproductive health advice, sexual health, women’s health, contraception [including implanon insertion and removals]
- Maternal and child health promotion and consultation
- Men’s health assessments
- Chronic disease management, care plans, health assessments
- Well Man’s Check and Well Woman’s Check
- Skin check facilities
- Minor surgery (small skin excision and removal of lesions) and skin checks
- Mental health assessment, advice and treatment/referrals/care plans
- Drivers Licence Medicals
- Nursing home visits
- Home medication reviews
- Diabetes risk assessments and diagnosis
- Referrals to Allied Health
- Travel Health medical advice
- ECGs, INR check, Spirometry
- Smoking cessation advice and treatment
- Immunisation and advice
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Health Assessments
- Asthma Health Assessment
- Diabetes Health Assessment
- Mother and child health checks
- Physiotherapy sessions & consultations
- Podiatry consultations
Veritas Health Care Medical Centre participates in the MY HEALTH RECORD.
My Health Record is the new name of the national digital health record system. Having a My Health Record means your important health information like allergies, medical conditions and treatments, medicine details, test or scan reports can be digitally stored in one place.
Our Practice uses SMS for reminders and recalls. If you would like to in/opt out of this service then please let our Reception Staff know.
Patients should not use email to contact the Practice in an emergency. Patients contacting the Practice by email can expect to wait up to two days for a response. Our Practice will not send any personal information by email unless specifically requested in writing by the patient.
Attention All Patients: Any changes in your details please inform reception to update your records [home address, contact number(s), Medicare card, Health Care card, Pensioner card or Next of Kin/Emergency contact]
For more information about our practice, please read our Practice Information Sheet
We are a COVID-19 vaccination provider
Veritas Health Care Medical Centre is pleased to advise that we are an approved vaccination provider for the COVID-19 vaccines. We are happy to help provide COVID-19 immunisation for our local area and wider community.
Checking when you can receive your COVID-19 vaccine
To find out when you are eligible to receive the vaccine, visit and complete the Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker This will tell you which phase of the rollout you are in.
Booking your COVID-19 vaccination appointment
When it is your turn to get vaccinated, you can call us on 08 9935 9490 to book your appointments to get your first and second doses of the vaccine.
Make sure you book an appointment for your first and second doses of the vaccine. Please call us if you need to confirm what the timing should be between the appointments.
Getting ready for your appointment
Please do not come to your vaccination appointment:
- if you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
- if you are in quarantine.
If you have had another vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to reschedule your appointment.
If you cannot make it to your vaccination appointment, please contact us to arrange a new appointment.
You can also read this patient factsheet developed by the Australian Government Department of Health: Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccination